2008-06-15

Rice Not Representin'

Ouch. Rice's debut game in this year's College World Series was abysmal: a 17-5 loss to Fresno State. We went through seven pitchers and gave up three home runs. Only late in the game did we mount any offense at all and, by then, it was too little too late. Oh well, as one announcer put it, perhaps Rice was trying to get all of its bad play out of the way in the opening game--this way we'll play top-notch baseball all the way through the finals. I hope that's the case!

It was a good weekend for Bulldogs as Georgia upset the #1 Miami Hurricanes. I'm sure my brother, who played baseball at Trinity University and is finishing his PhD in marine biology at the University of Miami, is hurting now as much as I am. For both of our sakes I wish both the 'Canes and the Owls good luck in their losers bracket games this Monday and Tuesday respectively. Go Rice!

No comments: