2008-02-17

Willpower

I arrived later to Steffen's party last night and stayed longer than anticipated. It was a lot of fun and it seemed like everyone was there. When I'm around many people I really feed off the collective energy and I could feel that starting to happen as we took eastern European shots, drank exotic beers, and talked about things that had nothing to do with school.

Although I took a lot of heat for it, I managed to be strong and extract myself pretty early. I was home before 11 and still accomplished several tasks before crashing early. It was a cold, clear night and the stars/moon were beautiful during the walk to my apartment. I'm glad I stuck to my decision. Now I'm well rested, ready for my workout, and measuring the progress of the sunrise against the mountains and lake outside.

Willpower - just like the 1968 song by Gary Puckett & The Union Gap. I'm almost finished with 1970 now. Since 1967 (my last musical blog), we've seen the rise of Simon & Garfunkel, the Doors, Tommy James & the Shondells, Steppenwolf, Neal Diamond, Three Dog Night, and Creedence Clearwater Revival--what an exciting time for music. The ongoing prominence of groups like The Temptations continues to surprise me (They seem somehow out of place in this era.) but I'm certainly not complaining.

I have updated my February album with additional pics--enjoy!

No comments: