2009-02-21

Sunny Saturday

I was woken this morning by a call from a number I didn't recognize. It turned out to be two Dutch entrepreneurs. They had driven all night from Amsterdam and were ready to take delivery of the 1080 pokens they had ordered. As I live just around the corner from the office, it falls on me to service such requests. Bleary-eyed, I threw on some clothes and met them at the office. They were thrilled to receive their first order of the tiny devices that are all over the media in their country and I wish them the best of luck for their new webshop--and for their 10-hour drive back!

 

Last night was a lot of fun. We've been pushing the team hard so we decided to have a small dinner at Poco Loco, a local "swiss-mex" restaurant whose owner is a poken fan. The food was good (although watching the swiss eat fajitas with a fork and knife was...entertaining!), the guava margaritas were cold, and the company was great.

 

We were surprised when, at the end of the meal, the lights went out and a cake was brought to our table. it was a poken cake! Everyone sang happy birthday as it's been about a year since Stephane really started pushing it forward in earnest.

 

A quick note about the music I've been listening to recently. I'm in the j's right now and I just finished Jethro Tull. Wow, was I ever surprised by the quality of their works! I expected Aqualung, Locomotive Breath, Bungle in the Jungle, and then a bunch of forgettable, flute-filled songs that I would never listen to again. Instead, in the Anniversary Collection, I found two very full discs of compelling, melodic, lyrical songs that enticed me to relisten several times.


Now it is a gorgeous (albeit still very cold) Saturday so I am off to . . . work on Poken! :-) Congrats to the IMD MBA class of 2009 for finishing their first Integrative Exercise today. Just remember, that which does not kill us . . . 

No comments: