2008-05-29

Carmen

Yesterday we made our final presentation for our startup project. After four months of working to add value to our client company, we are enthusiastic about its prospects so had no trouble presenting it positively to our jury of VCs and entrepreneurs. They asked tough questions which made for a challenging, valuable experience.

To celebrate, one of my startup group members, Mathias (French), and I attended a performance of Bizet's Carmen last night. Perhaps we should have been working on our papers or studying for exams, but relaxing with a wonderful performance and some wine (My first in three weeks!!!) was just what the doctor ordered.

We have this morning free too, as the final startup groups make their presentations. Martin (Czech), Martin's wife (Czech), and Tomas (Slovakian), and I are seizing the opportunity to play some beach volleyball. Again, maybe we should be working but the weather is beautiful and I can't pass up the opportunity to get in touch with my Eastern European side.

No comments: