2008-04-16

Career Services

A major part of this program is career services. We spend significant time not just focusing on the "how" aspect of finding our next career but, more importantly, the who/what/where/why. What fields really motivate us and which of our skills are most valuable? How can we merge those and other factors, such as culture, to identify the ideal industries, companies, geographies, and roles for ourselves? Then how can we identify (or create!) opportunities that meet those criteria and secure them?

This has all been incredibly interesting so far and I will keep you updated as I progress along my own path. However, in the meantime, let me share with you the results of another career services function: marketing the MBAs! They have recently published the Class of 2008 Profile Sheet. This is seen by executives and recruiters at all of IMDs client companies so I'll hope it finds itself in the right hands. For example, if someone out there is hiring for the CEO position of the first NFL franchise on Mars, I'll be expecting your call . . .

No comments: