2009-04-08

A1A

I finished up Jimi Hendrix and have moved onto my favorite discography to work through chronologically: Jimmy Buffett! While I'm working on rewriting some of Poken's legal paperwork I have A1A playing in the background. What an album! Not only does it feature some of my favorite Buffett songs of all time (A Pirate Looks At Forty, Migration), almost every other song on the album is good too: Makin' Music For Money, Life Is Just a Tire Swing, Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season, etc.

Normally (Am I becoming more Swiss?! "Normally" is one of their favorite words!) an artist that peaked in 1974 wouldn't have too much more to recommend him. However, Buffett's subsequent 3.5 decades of music have continued to please through and through (except for a brief dearth in the late 80s) and I look forward to continuing the journey. It does make me miss back home, though. After all, "I've got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart!"

No comments: