2009-01-15

Google Tech Talk

Yesterday, a small group of us from Poken traveled to Google to give a Tech Talk about our product. It was cool to be invited and it was fun to discuss our design and future directions with Googlers. Several of them now have Pokens of their own so we'll see what ideas they come up with!

We hung out at the Zurich office for a little while after the talk and this was notable for two reasons. 

1. I played my first ping pong of 2009. It didn't last very long and it didn't elevate to Smash Ball status, but it was fun just to pick up the paddles again.

2. I played Rock Band for the first time and actually did pretty well. According to our host, I "rocked it like a hurricane," which is appropriate on many levels. It's kind of addictive; I have no idea how people get things done there!

Many thanks to Rupert et al for organizing the talk; we look forward to a tigther relationship with Google as we become more OpenSocial-friendly!

No comments: