2008-07-13

Living in Lausanne

I haven't posted in awhile. This is not because I have been under major deadline pressure, my traditional reason for latent posts. Rather it is because I spent the last week just living a normal life in Lausanne. There hasn't been anything too extraordinary to report, the weather has been beautiful, and just poking around Lausanne has been blissful. This is really a nice place to live--even if it took me six months to discover it!

Although I've been meeting friends/classmates for drinks in the evenings (How novel!) I have been working throughout the days on my career strategy. With the academic portion of IMD behind us, it is now time to turn our attentions toward life after IMD. As we approach such weighty decisions, we are encouraged to call upon the skills we have developed in the business world. This means viewing ourselves as products and each conducting a thorough product specification, market analysis, and targeted market campaign.

I am taking it a step further and running my search like a business. I am the CEO of the business and thus I call upon a board of directors for help. My board consists of one VC, one pilot, two consultants, two entrepreneurs, three CXOs, a banker, a doctor, and a lawyer spread around the US and Australia. The role of this board is to help me bounce around career ideas, audit my strategy, and hold me accountable to my objectives and process. I will keep my readers updated on my career strategy as it develops and will hope to have good news to report by the end of the year!

2 comments:

Ashley @ It's Fitting said...

I'm disappointed that the event planner from SD didn't make it on your "board" :-) I think inspiration (at least to live in SD) and moral support should be key factors in putting someone on the board!!!!

Brian Armstrong said...

Hey Bryan! Cool i didn't know you had a blog. I've added you to my reader. Sounds like you're doing your MBA in style!
Brian