2007-12-26

I have a Swiss bank account!


Unfortunately it doesn't have any money in it yet and, when it does, it will all be allocated to tuition and living expenses, not to hidden savings. Still, it feels cool to have a Swiss bank account!

Along with the bank account I now have a Swiss visa and a place to live. My apartment is a modest, little efficiency located very close to IMD: See where. Following are some pictures sent to me by my soon-to-be landlord:



The view of the lake and mountains isn't exactly as clear as advertised but it will still be refreshing each morning.



The single room is small, but at least it is furnished. I am working on the landlord right now to add a pull-out sofa for guests. He is insistent that there is no room, but if we eliminate the TV stand (not pictured), as I don't plan on watching any TV, I think we can squeeze it in.



With this kitchenette I probably won't be flexing my culinary muscles too much over the next year. Given the time commitments of the program, though, that may not have been an option anyway.

So this (or someplace very similar) is where I will be living for the next year. I depart on the 1st of January and, as soon as I'm situated, I will post pictures. In the mean time, I hope everyone is enjoying safe and happy holidays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bah, you can flex your culinary muscle in that kitchen. I moved from a huge 2 bedroom house into an efficiency almost 2 years ago and it hasn't stopped me. I love efficiency living because it makes you edit like crazy. You will be surprised at how little you need to be happy, and how happy you are without all that stuff. Simplicity is bliss.

Anonymous said...

cool beans man... good luck! that's a great program!